They're here to protect....

on Friday, August 08, 2008
Today Kirstin and I ran into town to do the weekly church work. I'm the secretary there and the assistant treasurer, so I get all kinds of fun stuff once a week. Before we went to the church though, I decided I'd stop by the eye clinic and see about getting new glasses. Basically I just want a price. Well, on the way into the parking lot, the street by the emergency room was pretty much as it usually is. I parked the car in the lot, got Kirstin out and walked up to the door of the clinic. I didn't even go all the way in, because I could see that the eye clinic was closed. They close at 1:00 on Fridays. So, I immediately turned around, got Kirstin back into the car, and then called Matt to tell him that I couldn't get a price today. As I was exiting the parking lot, I noticed two squad cars on the street that two minutes ago was devoid of activity. Not only that, but across the street from the hospital, there were two cops with a guy in handcuffs, and they were handing him a cell phone.

I have two thoughts about this:

One is that the police must respond very quickly in order to get to the place (they may have been in transit when I went in, but still...) and get the guy cuffed that quickly. It actually makes me feel a bit safer knowing that they can do that.

Second is that I was rather surprised at my reaction. I felt smug. I don't even know what happened. I just felt superior to the dude in the cuffs because you know, obviously my morals are better than his /sarcasm. That reaction surprised me because I never feel superior to others. It was just odd.

Other than that weird happening, today was a rather normal in town day for us. Kirstin got to watch some of her Sing-A-Long videos. She loves them. She dances in her baby way and points at the tv and laughs. It's great. I did the secretarial work, and then the financial work. Same old stuff, just a different week. Next week I'm not sure when I'm going in because we're leaving on Thursday. We'll see what happens. Well, that's all for this post!

0 comments: