Creating

on Tuesday, June 14, 2011
I create. 

Many things.

I created dress and tank top patterns for Kirstin.  I'm still in the sewing phase of that.  I just don't really think about it, I just do it.  Sometimes things turn out.  Other times I waste a lot of time on something that just doesn't look right. 

I often create random dishes and ideas for something that may taste good.  If they don't turn out, well, hopefully the dogs will eat it, so all the food doesn't go completely to waste. 

And then tonight: I created music. 

I have a later learner book.  The end song in that book is Variations on the Theme from the Celebrated Canon in D. 

It's a very pretty song.  However, I know I have to go back and practice some of the lessons in the book, as my fingers just can't do what the music says.  I've adapted as I've played it, until it was almost unrecognizable to what was really on the page.  So, through an open source program kind of like Finale, I redid it to what I usually play.  It turned out pretty good. I saved it to a PDF file and printed it.  Now I just have to wait until tomorrow to try it out on the piano. 

My next creation?  A gnome fantasy land in my yard.  That's still in the drawing up phase, and a gnome still needs to be procured.  I found a couple at Menards, but they were too brightly colored for my taste.  He/She/It will have it's own home in my yard where currently some day lilies are living.  There's a stump there and I have a couple of logs from a downed branch.  I'm going to paint and seal all of it so it lasts for a while out there, and there will be a little gnome garden and such.  I'll teach Kirstin about gnomes, and help her keep her own fantasy land for as long as possible.  Mostly because those are good excuses to have a gnome in my yard.  The best excuse I can find though: I'm not allowed to get pink flamingos.  Matt won't let me.  He says they're tacky.  So gnomes it is.  Instead of tacky they're kitschy. 

And now it's time to create a world in my mind as I read my book and relax before bed.  What wonderful days!

1 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Cool that you created music. Would love to hear it.
Have you thought about going to a ceramics store and painting your own gnome(s)? Just a thought.
Enjoy all your creating. Summer is a great time to get wild and crazy as we can use the great outdoors as a canvas.