It's Not Astrological

on Monday, June 13, 2011
Here we go again.  Another round of passive-aggressive bullshit.

If people could just come out and say what they mean, this stuff would be over so much sooner.

Background: We spent the weekend at my folks' place.  Things went pretty well, all things considered, but once again, my husband and my sister-in-law did not get along. 

Usually they just ignore each other in a live and let live way, and that's what happened this time around.  However, in a very public manner they have started up.  I have no idea what's going on.  I mean, I know from Matt's side because he tends to be very vocal.  He has always said, "I am who I am and if you don't like it that's fine."

And it is, but I'm not sure exactly what's going on with Erin's side.  And in an effort to stay out of it, I'm not sure I really do want to know.  But I am confused as to what some of things she's written on my DAD'S FACEBOOK page mean.  (Matt is going to apologize to my father later on for his part in it, he's at work right now).  I know some things didn't go as planned this weekend.  Like we had a child meltdown in the middle of the night and had to take care of it, which led to Matt yelling and swearing once at Kirstin.  At about 2:00 a.m.   None of us like how that turned out, but no one else really knew what was going on in the room, and without that knowledge can actually judge what happened.  That, and no parent is perfect and keeps patience constantly, nor should one pretend to. 

The way these two act and react to one another has to be a nature/nurture thing or something.  I know it's not because of birth dates.  My sister-in-law and I share a birthday.  Is it just the different ways we've grown up?  I really don't know.  I just know to keep my nose out of it and let whatever will happen, happen.  I just wish there were more clarity in the statements made. 

"I am pissed off because..." makes so much more sense than talking about something else entirely.  Confrontation is rarely pleasant, but damn, if something is bothering you, say it and let it out there so people know and don't have to try to read your mind.  Anger is anger.  It's not a sin.  Blood pressure rises when you bottle it all up.

Thank you.

0 comments: