So tired

on Friday, July 01, 2011
I have a blog post I'd like to make, but every day it seems I'm so tired out and just can't get myself to sit down and write.  Hopefully one of these days soon I'll be able to get it done. 

I want to write about two letters of the alphabet that change so many words.  It's amazing what comes to me while I'm in bed waiting for my mind to wind down enough to sleep.  And for once, I remember most of the thought process.  If I kept a journal up there to write in, I'd never get sleep, otherwise I would.  

So why am I so tired?  Well, Kirstin has nightmares a lot lately.  That gets me a crying child running into my room late at night.  I get up, take the time to see if she can calm down enough to tell me what happened, get her a drink of water, and back to bed she goes.  Then Emily gets up during the night too.  I went from a full-night baby to one who wakes up screaming; usually between two and three in the morning.  She takes more time to calm down.  I've tried just laying her down in her crib again and rubbing her back or tummy, but that does no good.  If anything, her screams get louder.  I've tried just picking her up and holding her, swaying back and forth.  That does quiet her some, but when it comes time to go back in the crib, the screams start again and I get a stiff as a board baby who is clinging to me.  So, down the stairs we go to the rocking chair.  If rocking doesn't help, then it's to the kitchen for a cup of milk.  And now I fear I'm spoiling her and she expects that every time she wakes up at night. 

Last night I did change it up a little, and only gave her water, which seemed to work okay, and I also gave her a cup of milk right before bed.  Still woke up screaming, but then I didn't feel so bad about giving her just water.  Now today I noticed she was chewing on many things, including Kirstin's brand new flip flops.  So I took a look, and yup, we have more teeth coming.  These are eye teeth, so tonight after her cup of milk I gave her some medicine.  Here's hoping to a full night's sleep and a better blog post to come! 

1 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Oh, teething. That's what I thought it might be. The screams. The pain. You have to do whatever works. Eventually, they outgrow it. But, those are rough years. Of course, you're tired. I hope you all can rest and relax this weekend!