I did it!

on Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Very excited.  I did it.  I took the plunge, I walked the wire, I ate the spicy pepper?  How else can I phrase that? 

I joined Script Frenzy.  I played with the idea for weeks now, ever since Mary mentioned it to me.  I just signed up.  I know I will get nowhere near 100 pages.  I just want to write my one little script.  Instead of earlier ideas, I've found something else.  A fun look at communication.  The idea came to me as I watched teens texting, tweeting, facebooking, etc.  And from my own conversations with the dear supportive husband. 

I have this tendency to not voice all my thoughts when I talk to him.  I have ideas and the like, and I'll start in the middle of the conversation.  Then I have to backtrack after saying, "Oh, you weren't there for that part of the conversation, were you?"

And of course he wasn't.  It was all in my head. 

A good example:
I'll be thinking about getting something for Kirstin for her birthday, and I'll start the conversation with Matt like this:

Me: You know, I don't know if that would be a good idea for Kirstin.
Matt: Umm...What?
Me: Well, the thing I was thinking earlier.
Matt:  Okay...
Me: Oh, you weren't there for that part of the conversation, were you?

That type of conversation happens often.  Maybe it's from being with the kids so much, I don't know.  We laugh every time it happens though.  Then I have to go back and fill him in on what he missed.  If he could just read minds, life would be easier. 

But so excited, and so much to do!  Oh boy...I can do this, I can do this, I can do this....

1 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Of course, you CAN do it! I'm so excited for you. Your goal is to write a play, no matter how many pages. I have THREE ideas, so I won't even know where to start. I'll have to listen to the voices that are speaking the loudest. And, yes, I have conversations in my head, too.
Oh, and happy birthday to the big girl. Glad it all worked out so well.