One of THOSE days

on Monday, March 21, 2011
I'm having one of THOSE days today.  A four year old that won't listen or do anything but torment her sister, a baby that's into everything and keeps getting stuck behind the rocking chair, no matter what I put there to block her way, and a sick cat that just hides under our bed and pukes for us.  Great. 

Yet, during the chorus of:
Don't do that!
Emily, NO!
Kirstin, stop!
What fell now?!
No, you cannot get that out right now!

All I can think about it my play.  I'm wondering if I need a cohesive plot or if I can get by with a bunch of somewhat unrelated scenes.  My plan for now is to just write the unrelated scenes and see how it reads.  If it seems too fragmented I'll put in a plot line for filler.  That seems to be the backward way to write a play, but it's working for me.

I've made my prerequisite phone calls for the day.  I called the vet to see if we could do something about George the Cat's medication.  We can't get him to take it.  The one time we got a pill down his throat he vomited it up right away.  So the vet is changing it to a liquid of something else.  That should go easier for us.  I also called the clinic to get Kirstin in for her 4 year check-up.  That's on Wednesday.  I'm pretty certain she has shots coming.  I really hope her daddy can be there because she's going to scream.  And I called in a refill for my prescrip so I can sleep again at night.  My mind's been going too fast and I can't slow it down.  Too many minutes passed by on my clock last night with my knowledge. 

But on the better side, I'm coming out of my winter funk finally.  There are times I swear I have part of me that hibernates or something.  I think that part came back for the warmer weather now.  I'm feeling more upbeat in general.  I actually WANT to be around people again.  I don't have to force myself as much.  And I have a good excuse to have friends over.  Angie just got back from visiting her family in Texas for two weeks.  I missed her greatly during that time.  Catch up time is always a good excuse!

So here's to the rest of the day, and making it be brighter.  I'm thinking naps for the three of us here.  Soft snores from my girls will be a wonderful sound.

1 comments:

Mary Aalgaard said...

Hope you got those soft snores in. Maybe our creative minds are our survival mechanisms to busy days, needy children, and life's general difficulties. The best is to forge ahead with your ideas, write them down, don't censor. Enjoy the act of creating.
Don't look out the window today, your winter doll-drums might return.