Ideal clarity

on Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Wow!

I almost never get this much clarity for an idea!

I've been reading H.G. Wells' "A Modern Utopia."  I haven't been making a lot of headway with it, because I mainly read right before bed and it's a doozy.  Some sentences I have to reread about ten times before I can finally get what's being said.  And then, because I read right before bed, I have other distractions, like the TV.  Matt likes to watch all kinds of good shows before he sleeps, and I usually wind up sucked in to learning about how the Blue Angels fly or something like that. 

Anyway, I've been thinking about what my utopia would be. 

I've come to the conclusion that there is no utopia.  And so, my idea for a story came about.  A world run by women.  Men are banished from this world aside from the purpose of procreation.  And the story will be told from the point of view of a boy about to commence into the world of men after his "coming of age" ceremony. 

It won't be a "women are better than men" type of writing, nor will be it be the other way around.  There's a lot of thinking to do, yet.  Thank goodness I have a nice big white board on which to write random words.  Though, when Matt sees the words, "men banished" he may be a little frightened.  I'll tell him it's all for a good story.

0 comments: